Friday, April 22, 2016

SQUAREPEG- AUTOBIOGRAPHY

 We reached the spot uneventfully. I stood on the ground and Gautam tried to 

climb a tree. Suddenly from nowhere a dozen guys of all shapes and sizes 

descended on  us like apes from a banyan tree. They were all around ten, 

dressed just in half pants, and menacing. Some were even having their vests 

or half shirts on. The leader among them demanded what we were doing there. 
I stuttered but Gautam the brave went at them with his fists drawn. Suddenly I 

saw Gautam vanish under a couple of these goons. They gave him enough for 

his bravado.

A few minutes later all got up and dusted themselves. I was surprised to find 

one round coin shaped scar on each of Gautam’ knee. He was crying. The 

scars were white in color but soon turned crimson.


We came home looking like drowned rats sans what we had gone for. Gautam 

was howling. As I tried to explain my stand, my mother looked heaven wards 

and then gave me a tongue lashing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment