Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Spiritualism

‘’Fantastic…’’ god smiled ‘’I am pleased…’’ Narada nodded, eager to hear from god’s mouth that he himself was the greatest devotee.

And then god threw a bombshell.

‘’Tell me Narada..’’ he said disarmingly ‘’how many times did you remember me when you were circumambulating me with the cauldron of oil on your head.

Narada got contrite. All the time he was just concentrating on the cauldron, hoping against hopes that not a drop fell on the ground. Not once had he remembered god.
                                ************
‘’Narada…’’ god said benignly ‘’if you could forget me while completing this simple task, imagine that laborer who cares to remember me despite the endless troubles he is going through daily.

Narada could now realize why god called that farmer the greatest devotee.
--------------------               

No comments:

Post a Comment